Dubai has cemented its position as one of the top cities for expats due to its high-quality lifestyle and safe environment.
Referring to the latest survey conducted by InterNations in which more than 12,000 members participated, Zoom Property Insights said Dubai has emerged as a popular destination for the second-home of expats because of its excellent infrastructure, successful strategy to handle the pandemic, and introduction of visa and labour reforms.
The emirate’s stable economy, which is set to expand to 4.5 per cent in 2022, is one of the major reasons that has made many expats select Dubai as their second home.
In addition, the emirate’s position as a business hub in the Middle East attracts many international organisations to set up their base here to expand their presence in the region. This creates abundant job opportunities for expats as only one in 23 workers in Dubai is an Emirati national, according to Breakingviews’ calculations.
Why Dubai is popular among expats, investors
• Excellent infrastructure, successful strategy to handle the pandemic, and introduction of visa and labour reforms attracted more foreigners to Dubai.
• The emirate’s stable economy is one of the major reasons that has made many expats select Dubai as their second home.
• Low tax-base, safety, diversity, and remarkable infrastructure are some of the reasons accredited to the popularity of Dubai among expatriates.
• Latest labour and visa reforms are proved game-changer to attract more foreigners.
• 100 per cent business ownership as another reason for increased interest from foreigners.