Network marketing, also known as multi-level marketing (MLM), is a popular business model where distributors sell products and recruit new distributors to grow their downline. With the COVID-19 pandemic still raging in many parts of the world, network marketers have had to adapt to new ways of doing business. However, there are certain things that network marketers should avoid doing during a pandemic to ensure the safety of themselves and their prospects.
Carlos A Rogers is an expert at network marketing, he was introduced to Network Marketing in 2005 and quickly became one of the Industry leaders with his organisation (Team Vision Worldwide) doing over 200 Million in Revenue and him earning Multiple 7 figures. Here are five things to avoid in network marketing during a pandemic by Carlos A Rogers:
- In-person meetings: In-person meetings have been the cornerstone of network marketing for decades, but during a pandemic, they can be dangerous. Avoid meeting with prospects in person and instead, use virtual communication tools such as video conferencing software to connect with them. This will not only keep you and your prospects safe but also help you reach a wider audience.
- Hard-selling: With many people facing financial uncertainties during the pandemic, it’s important to be empathetic and avoid hard-selling tactics. Instead, focus on building relationships with your prospects and helping them solve their problems. Be patient and let them come to you when they are ready to make a purchase.
- Ignoring social distancing guidelines: While it may be tempting to continue with business as usual, it’s important to follow social distancing guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19. This includes wearing a mask, maintaining a safe distance from others, and avoiding large gatherings. By doing your part, you can help stop the spread of the virus and protect yourself and your prospects.
- Misleading claims: During a pandemic, people are understandably anxious and may be looking for products that can boost their immune systems or protect them from the virus. However, it’s important to avoid making misleading claims about your products. Stick to the facts and be honest about what your products can and cannot do.
- Exploiting the pandemic: The pandemic has been a difficult time for many people, and it’s important to avoid exploiting it for personal gain. Don’t use fear-mongering tactics or make false promises to sell your products. Instead, focus on providing value and helping your prospects navigate these challenging times.
Network marketing can still be a successful business model during a pandemic, but it’s important to adapt your approach and avoid certain behaviors. By following these five tips, you can build strong relationships with your prospects, keep yourself and others safe, and build a thriving network marketing business.